Sealaska is providing the opportunity for students to experience education enhancement and career development outside of the classroom! Apply to be a Sealaska-sponsored student to attend events that give access to career paths and inspiring networks. The next sponsorship opportunity is for the American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) National Conference in Palm Springs, CA, October 6-8, 2022.
The AISES National Conference is an annual three-day event that focuses on educational, professional and workforce development opportunities for Indigenous peoples in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) studies or careers. The conference also includes the largest college and career fair for Indigenous students and professionals.
We invite you to apply for the opportunity to grow in your networking skills, meet other Indigenous students in STEM fields, and learn from specialists in a variety of workshops and events. Students who wish to attend the conference must be an AISES member, which is free for students! Become a member here: aises.org/membership.
Sealaska Program Manager Kayla Roberts will be attending the conference as an advisor and host for the Sealaska-sponsored students. Ground transportation, baggage fees, meals, parking and incidental expenses are the sponsored travelers’ responsibility. Some conference meals will be provided as part of the registration. Please contact Kayla at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Sealaska shareholder or descendant of a shareholder
- Current post-secondary student
- Must be at least 18 years old by the conference date (October 6, 2022)
- Be prepared to provide a resume, unofficial transcript, short application essay, 1 letter of recommendation, and AISES membership number
- Must commit to attending the entire conference, including travel days
- Conference registration fees
- Round-trip economy class flight (arrive October 5, depart October 9)
- Lodging during the conference (same-gender roommate will be assigned)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 11:59pm PT