We serve the twin goals of
economic prosperity and environmental protection.
Sealaska believes that protecting and preserving our environment isn’t just a moral or cultural imperative; it is smart business. In fact, it is the core of our $700 million business portfolio. All of our businesses follow a formula designed to create both profit and pride:
- To improve our air and water quality, we sustainably manage our forests – including preserving nearly half of our forested lands as part of our Carbon Offset Project;
- To protect fisheries, our seafood companies actively support sustainable fishing and seek more value per fish through innovative practices;
- To improve the health of streams and waterways, our environmental services companies are testing water quality and solving complex hydrology challenges.
And, as an organization, we are committed to evaluating the social, economic, and environmental impact of each of our businesses to ensure alignment with our values and long-term vision to support future generations.
Natural Resources and Land Management
- The Sealaska Carbon Story Movie
- Former Intern Administers Carbon Project
- Commitment to Carbon Offset Project Pays Off in 2018
- Building Launch Pads for Data Gathering Balloons
- Installing Renewable Energy System for NOAA
- Restoring Juneau Recreation Area while Improving Salmon Habitat
Learn more about Gregg Drilling
Learn more about Orca Bay Foods
Learn more about Sealaska’s investment in IPC