More than 1,500 shareholders gathered virtually for the 47th annual meeting of shareholders on June 27, 2020. Due to health mandates, this year’s annual meeting took place virtually allowing shareholders to participate from wherever they were located. Main presenters joined the live webcast from the Walter Soboleff Building, Shuká Hít (Ancestors' House), while most directors joined online.
The annual meeting official business included electing four directors, hearing a business update from management, transitioning the board youth advisor position, and responding to shareholder questions.
You can view 2020 annual meeting excerpts including:
- Business Presentation
- Shareholder Q&A
- Board Youth Advisor Transition
- Special Language Dialogue with the Haayk Foundation
- View the full annual meeting video and all excerpts here
Shareholder Questions and Answers
Sealaska added a new feature this year, allowing shareholders to submit questions prior to the community and annual meetings. You can view printed and video Q&A from the May 2020 community meeting on MySealaska.com/FAQ.
Sealaska Business Highlights
- We are committed to building an organization that can be part of solutions to feed, water, educate and house a growing population.
- We endeavor to reduce the damage already done to the planet and heal the planet so we can do more to protect our resources for future generations.
- Sealaska achieved another year of record ﬁnancial performance with $77.8M in net income and $700M in total revenues.
- Sealaska’s 2019 revenue of $700M is the largest in Sealaska’s history.
- Increasing net income leads to increasing shareholder distributions. Operations and investments are the primary sources of Sealaska’s gross revenue.
- Sealaska businesses are building a solid base for the future. This allows for investments in critical community and shareholder programs.