Sealaska’s more than 23,000 shareholders are invited to join us in person and virtually on Saturday, June 25 for the 2022 Annual Meeting of Shareholders at Centennial Hall in Juneau and streaming live on MySealaska.com.
The meeting will include the results of this year’s election for four open seats on the Sealaska board as well as the resolution on this year’s proxy to eliminate the blood quantum requirement for Class D (Descendant) stock. The meeting will also feature:
- A celebration of Sealaska’s 50th anniversary (June 16, 2022);
- The first annual awarding of the Galtín Tá Gooch Clarence Jackson Language Awards, recognizing four traditional language speakers who give generously of their time and experience to teach and preserve Lingít, Xaad Kíl and Sm’algyax;
- A presentation on Sealaska’s business performance, shareholder benefits and ocean-health business platform;
- Naming of the 2022-23 Board Youth Advisor;
- A presentation from Sealaska Heritage Institute;
- And door prizes for participants.
The meeting and webcast will begin with a 50th anniversary celebration, followed by lunch, presentations, election results and door prizes. Shareholders may vote in person during the meeting up until results are announced; online voting closes on Friday, June 24 at 5 p.m.
The formal portion of the meeting, which starts with the business presentation, will be gaveled in at approximately 1 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: Shareholders who plan to attend in person are advised that you will be required to show proof of full vaccination, have their temperature checked and wear a mask when not eating and drinking during the meeting. We ask for your continued cooperation as we do our best to protect Elders and individuals with compromised immune systems.
For more information about the candidates or to vote, please visit MySealaska.com/Election.