When it comes to starting your career, diverse experiences can help open more doors for you. Apply to our 2018 summer internships today!
We believe that shareholders are an integral part to our workforce. To help prepare shareholders for professional careers, we started our internship program in the early 1980s. Since then, over 400 shareholders and shareholder descendants have participated in our program.
Our internship program helps both you and Sealaska in many ways. Interns bring fresh perspectives and unique experiences to Sealaska, which can help our company grow and be as strong and resilient as possible. The program provides meaningful and representative work projects and experiences for the interns. You get to learn more about our company, your culture and the activities and businesses we are in.
Sealaska offers a paid, professional experience and on-the-job training throughout Sealaska’s businesses. In addition to learning about the operational and technical aspects of your particular job, there will be opportunities to gain other important skills, such as organizational, analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills that will help you advance your career.
This experience can be used in the future whether you end up working for Sealaska, with our partners, in the communities we work in, or somewhere else entirely. You represent the future.
Applications for the 2018 summer internships are now open. See all job listings here.
- Summer 2018 Archives Intern(s) - Juneau, AK
- Summer 2018 Education Intern - Juneau, AK
- Summer 2018 Media Intern - Juneau, AK
- Summer 2018 Communications and Marketing Intern - Seattle, WA
- Summer 2018 Natural Resources Intern - various locations around Southeast Alaska depending on active tasks
- Summer 2018 Forestry Technician Intern - Klawock area, Prince of Wales Island, AK
- Summer 2018 Maintenance Mechanic Technician - Seattle, WA
- Summer 2018 IT Developer, IT Help Desk Technician, and/or IT Technician - Seattle, WA
- Summer 2018 Enginneering Intern - Richland, WA
- Summer 2018 Environmental Technician Intern - Poulsbo, WA
- Summer 2018 IT Technician Intern - location TBD
- Summer 2018 Project Engineer Intern - Seattle, WA
Our program also helps students reconnect with their Alaska Native roots and learn more about their heritage in Southeast Alaska. The interns spend a week in Juneau, Alaska – the headquarters of the corporation – and experience the land, language, culture and food of the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian people.
Check out the jobs the 2017 interns did here.
About Sealaska’s internships:
- The program is ten weeks.
- The internship program is competitive. We typically have more applicants than available spots.
- Must be at least 18 years of age - not necessary to be a student to apply.
- All college students are encouraged to apply with preference placed on seniority.
- Students on the semester system will start together as a group beginning in late May. Students on the quarter system will start together as a group beginning in late June.
- All interns will participate in our Juneau Internship Development Week at our corporate headquarters in Juneau, Alaska in late June/early July (exact dates TBD).
- The intern program is a paid program.
- Sealaska will cover your round trip airfare from your school to your specific intern location. Sealaska will also pay your airfare to Juneau for the Intern development week.
- First week of January 2018 applications open
- Friday, March 2, 2018 – applications due, all materials must be received by 5 p.m. AKST, incomplete applications will not be considered
For questions or further clarification, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.